Mastering the Treatment of Complex Trauma: Transforming Theory into Practice
Kathleen Martin, LCSW
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
April 19-20, 2018 ~ 8:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. both days
This 2 day workshop will teach Structural Dissociation Theory and how it integrates into specific strategies and practical skills to safely and effectively treat complex trauma and developmental disorders. Fraser's Dissociative Table Technique will be taught and demonstrated along with ways to integrate this powerful tool throughout the entire treatment. The art of time orientation will be demonstrated, giving clinicians many valuable tools and skills to eliminate the reliving that causes so much destabilization. Treating dissociative phobias and "problem parts" such as perpetrators, teenagers, critical and young parts will be demonstrated to prepare them for trauma reprocessing. Then specifics on how to titrate the reprocessing to keep the client inside the window of tolerance will complete this master class.
- Describe how the Apparently Normal Part of the Personality and the Emotional Part of the Personality are developed.
- Define dissociation.
- State why the Apparently Normal Part of the Personality has this specific name.
- Describe the 8 steps to Fraser's Dissociative Table Technique.
- Construct One Oblique Time Orientation intervention.
- Explain why non-realization is the motivating reason for the development of persecutory parts.
- Explain why attention to increasing the tolerance of the positive affect of calm is mandatory in treating complex trauma.
- Explain why the first part of the personality that is treated in complex trauma is the apparently normal part.
Who Should come?
Any mental health clinician who wants to improve their knowledge and skills in working with complex trauma and dissociation. Participants do not need to be trained in EMDR. This workshop is aimed at all levels of skills in treating complex trauma and dissociation.
Continuing Education Hours
The following CEUs/Credits will be granted upon full completion of this workshop. No partial credit will be awarded for partial attendance.
13 EMDRIA continuing education credits will be offered (program approval #06003-88).
Ce-Classes.com is the provider of continuing education credits for the following professions. Licensed professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at www.ce-classes.com, entering a keycode and completing an evaluation form.
- Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- California BBS: Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider - 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider - 1622 expires 2/28/2019.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board - Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
- This course is NOT APPROVED for N.B.C.C.
This program meets the criteria of an approved continuing education program for mental health practice or social work, for the state of Nebraska licensure standards. If licensed in another state, check with your state licensing board to verify this course qualifies for continuing education credit.
$365 Early Bird Registration until Apreil 1, 2018
$425 after March 15, 2018
If you are employed by a non-profit organization, please contact the organizer for information on a non-profit tuition rate. Proof of employment and non-profit status of your agency will be required. No group rates will be offered.
Cancelling your attendance at this workshop after you have registered and made payment will invoke the refund policy below.
Refund requests must be in writing and received at least 4 weeks prior to the start of this workshop. A full refund will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. After that no refund will be given unless your spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list. If your spot can be filled, a full refund minus a $50 processing fee will be given.
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be replied to within 5-10 business days.
10220 Regency Circle. Omaha, NE
This facility is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special accommodations are required, please notify the Omaha Marriott and the workshop organizer.
For Questions Please Contact:
Andrea Gillispie (assistant to Kathleen Martin who manages all registration and
Or the Omaha contact: Teresa Lenzen of The Attachment and Trauma Center of Nebraska: email: email@example.com
Telephone: Telephone: 402-403-0190, ext 2
To register and make payment via credit card through PayPal, please click on the Pay Now button below. If you do not have access to online registration and payment click here to download a registration and payment form and send it along with a US check or money order through land mail.
Be Sure to Complete the Online Registration Form After Paying via PayPal for your place to be reserved!