Mastering EMDR Therapy: A Practicum for Personal and Professional Development


Kathleen Martin, LCSW
Vancouver, BC, Canada
November 8-10, 2018


This practicum workshop will focus on fine tuning EMDR psychotherapy skills while at the same time providing a forum for significant personal growth.Participants will rotate the roles of therapist and client for approximately 60% of the workshop, using personal material to practice and integrate the advanced skills taught in the remaining 40% of the workshop.The emphasis is on developing and fine-tuning EMDR psychotherapy skills working with complex trauma. There will be a combination of daily lectures and live demonstrations.The practicum sessions are closely supervised to ensure fidelity to the EMDR Standard Protocol and the successful integration of the advanced skills.Because of this close supervision, significant personal work can be accomplished within the practicum setting.The workshop size is limited to maintain a high level of individualized attention and learning.



1)Demonstrate fidelity to the EMDR Standard Protocol in supervised practice.

2)Demonstrate the use of the dissociative table in supervised practice.

3)Explain the concept of window of tolerance and its importance in EMDR psychotherapy.

About the Instructor

Kathleen Martin, LCSWis an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant and Trainer.She specializes in trauma and dissociation in her private practice in Rochester, NY, USA.She is a consultant and trainer to both individual clinicians and mental health agencies internationally.She has published an article entitledHow to Use Fraser’s Dissociative Table Technique to Access and Work with Emotional Parts of the Personalityand has another one in press on the importance and art of time orientation.She developed a strategy called Oblique Time Orientation that is detailed in this later article. She also wrote a chapter for a book on Eating disorders entitledStructural Dissociation in the Treatment of Trauma and Eating Disorders.She has integrated Structural Dissociation Theory into her clinical EMDR therapy practice and teaches master classes to help others do the same.

Who Should Come?

Clinicians must be trained in EMDR therapy.

Continuing Education Hours

20 EMDRIA continuing education creditswill be offered.No partial credit will be awarded for partial attendance.

Tuition Fee

$875 (CAD) or $660 (USD) Early Bird Registration until September 20, 2018

After September 18ththe rate increases to $950 (CAD) or $735 (USD)

Refund Policy

A full refund will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the conference.After that no refund will be given unless your spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list.If your spot can filled, a full refund minus a $75 processing fee will be given.


Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

The exact location will be sent to you with all the details of the workshop after you have completed your registration and payment.

This facility is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.If special accommodations are required, please notify University of Kentucky and the workshop organizer.


Thursday9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Friday9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Saturday9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Registration and Payment

To register and make payment via credit card through PayPal, please click on the Pay Now button below. If you do not have access to online registration and payment click here to download a registration and payment form and send it along with a US check or money order through land mail.

Be Sure to Complete the Online Registration Form After Paying via PayPal for your place to be reserved!

Registration Date

For Questions Please Contact:

Andrea Gillispie (assistant to Kathleen Martin who manages all registration and

payment questions)


Or the Vancouver Contact Person: Kate Blassnitz